In this course, you focus on building skills in configuring and performing common administrator and end-user tasks with VMware vSAN™ 6.7. You gain practical experience with vSAN production operations through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on lab exercises.
Audience: Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who are responsible for production support and administration of vSAN v6.x
Event Number: EDU-SANPO67-EL
Available Languages: English (US)
This course has the following prerequisites:
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
• Storage administration experience with block or file storage devices
Completion of the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [v6.x] course or equivalent experience with vSAN is desirable.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client
• Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual
• Create and modify a standard switch
• Connect a VMware ESXi™ host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
• Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
• Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] and VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.x] courses before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Production Operations.