This course introduces the system programmer to the tasks required to support a z/VM operating system. It gives an overview of the processes that are required to install z/VM, and to do the required tailoring steps to support guest operating system virtual machines and CMS users. The students will leave the course with the knowledge to do the steps for adding guest systems and other virtual machines to the z/VM system, to apply service to the z/VM system, and to define a minimal TCP/IP configuration. Also, this course is designed to teach the implementation of SUSE, RedHat, and Ubuntu distributions of Linux on IBM Z and on LinuxONE.
This course is intended for IT professionals who will be responsible for the support of guests and other virtual machines that run in the z/VM environment. It assumes that these persons have little or no experience in the z/VM environment. Also, this course is intended for anyone responsible for installing, customizing, and maintaining Linux on IBM Z and on LinuxONE.
Brand: IBM Z - Mainframe
Event Number: ZL00G
Available Languages: Bahasa Malaysia (Malaysia),Hungarian (Hungary),Croatian (Croatia),Slovak (Slovakia),Slovenian (Slovenia),Estonian (Estonia),Serbian (Latin),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (Bulgaria),Indonesian (Indonesia),Chinese (Traditional),English (Australia),Finnish (Finland),English (US),English (UK),Fr
- Describe the process of running guests under z/VM
- Define virtual machines to z/VM and reload the directory
- Customize the CP component of the z/VM system
- Customize the TCP/IP files on z/VM
- Apply service to the z/VM system
- Install SUSE Linux on System z
- Install additional packages
- Describe zLinux system management process
- Describe zLinux backup and recovery procedures
- Manage and update zLinux network connectivity issues
- Implement the z/VM Performance Toolkit
- Prerequisite to z/VM and Linux Connectivity and Management (ZV100)
- Prerequisite to z/VM RACF and DirMaint Implementation (ZV200)
Basic computer skills and knowledge.