This course describes how open standards are implemented in a z/OS system by z/OS UNIX. UNIX System Services are introduced, and the role of z/OS as a server in the open systems environment is discussed. This is an introductory level course. It provides an overview of z/OS UNIX System Services (usually abbreviated to z/OS UNIX) as seen by the user. Details of installation and implementation for system programmers are not covered in this course.
This intermediate course is for all computer professionals who will use z/OS UNIX.
Brand: IBM Z - Mainframe; z/OS
Event Number: OP05G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
- Discuss the role of z/OS in an open systems environment
- Identify the basic terms used in z/OS UNIX
- Define the components of z/OS UNIX
- Explain major functions provided in z/OS UNIX
- Discuss opportunities for applications in a z/OS UNIX environment
- Identify z/OS base elements and optional features that make up z/OS UNIX
- Use the two interactive interfaces available to access the services
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1. z/OS UNIX overview
- Unit 2. Introduction to z/OS UNIX
- Unit 3. Hierarchical file system
- Unit 4. z/OS UNIX shell and utilities
- Unit 5. z/OS UNIX shell commands
- Unit 6. Working with the shell
- Unit 7. Functions in z/OS UNIX
- Unit 8. Working with the z/OS UNIX environment
You should have a basic knowledge of z/OS equivalent to the course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).