This 2-day Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS Fundamentals course introduces you to Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS, its interface and provides a background of the product. You learn about the basics of process language, utility programs, troubleshooting, operator enhancement and maintenance.
This 2-day instructor led course is designed for Sterling Connect:Direct application users and application programmers who intend to use Sterling Connect:Direct. Also, administrators, operators, production control personnel, help desk staff, and support personnel responsible for the operations.
Brand: Supply Chain - B2B Collaboration; Windows
Event Number: 6C07G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS.
- Describe how Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS transfers and manages files.
- Describe the process language principles and lifecycle.
- Browse the Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS.
- Send and receive files by using Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS.
Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS;
Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS 5.2.0
The following topics will be coered during this course:
- UNIT 1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- Course Overview
- Lesson 1. Sterling Connect:Direct Overview
- Lesson 2. Process Language
- Lesson 3. Process Statements
- UNIT 2. USER INTERFACES
- Lesson 1. Interactive User Interface - Primary Options Menu
- Lesson 2. Administrative Options Menu
- Lesson 3. Other Interfaces
- UNIT 3: UTILITY PROGRAMS
- Lesson 1. Utility Programs
- Lesson 2. Problem Determination
- Course Wrap Up
The following are the prerequisites for taking this course:
- Knowledge of Mainframe, z/OS.
- Knowledge of ISPF.
- Familiar with JCL.