This course teaches IBM Platform LSF 10.1 version.
The course is designed to extend the system administrator's knowledge to include advanced LSF functionality and commands to configure and manipulate site-specific resources and enhance the current cluster design. The workshops provide valuable experience with the gathering of site-defined shared resources such as licenses, the configuration of job submission and execution environments, dynamic cluster configurations, etc. The system administrator will also learn helpful hints and tips and develop fundamental troubleshooting skills.
Audience: This advanced course is for system administrators and advanced end-users who are responsible in extending the role of LSF in site-defined cluster resource management and who require the implementation of job and resource controls.
Brand: Spectrum Computing
Event Number: H023G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
- Platform LSF site-defined resources
- Platform LSF checkpoint, rerun, and migration
- External job submission and execution controls
- Job groups and job dependencies
- Platform LSF resource reservations
- Platform LSF job environment
- Application profiling
- Dynamic servers and floating clients
- Managing multiple Platform LSF clusters
- Patch installer
- LSF session scheduler
- Live reconfiguration
- Compute unit
- CPU/Memory/Affinity -new feature
- LSF Alternative Resource Requirements - new feature
- Guarantee SLA capabilities
You should have taken:
- IBM Platform LSF Basic Configuration and Administration or have equivalent working experience with LSF
- be familiar with UNIX/Linux and
- have basic UNIX/Linux system administration experience