Learn how to create document and folder classes and properties, and how to create event subscriptions on those classes to run automated actions.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. Terms and Conditions: Ingram Micro - https://www.ingrammicrotraining.com/Terms-of-use.aspx; IBM - http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
An IBM FileNet Content Manager application builder is responsible for developing a IBM FileNet Content Manager application in a development environment.
Brand: IBM Analytics; Windows
Event Number: F282G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create a document class.
- Create a folder class.
- Create property templates.
- Create choice lists.
- Modify classes, properties, choice lists.
- Create an event subscription with an action.
- Update an existing event subscription with a new code module.
- Use a workflow subscription.
Enterprise Content Management;
Content Foundation 5.2.1
Create document and folder classes
- What is a Class?
- What are Document Objects?
- Containment Concepts
- Class Inheritance
- What is a Property?
- What is a Property Template?
- What is a Property Definition?
- What are Choice Lists?
- Using Choice Lists
- How are Classes, Properties, and Choice Lists Related?
- Guidelines for Creating or Modifying a Class
- Working with Properties
Modify classes and properties
- Changing a Display Name for a Metadata Object
- Modifying a Choice List
- Assigning a Different Document Class
- Metadata Dependencies
- Deleting metadata
- Delete a property template
- Remove property definitions from a class
- How do you find metadata dependencies?
- Delete a class
Create event subscriptions
- About Server Extensions
- Events and Subscriptions
- Define Subscription Filter
- Workflow Subscription
- Launching Workflows: Property Mapping
- Expressions in Event Subscriptions
- Steps to create an Event Action
- Update Event Action with new code module version
- Disabling Subscriptions
- Subscription Run Mode
- Start and Stop System Components
- Basic computer skills: Able to use computers, authenticate using a name and password, follow hyperlinks, and use common user interface elements such as buttons, menus, and tabs
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- IBM Content Navigator 184.108.40.206 Introduction (F270G )
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction (F280G)