Today, z/OS supports new workloads running as e-business servers, including the IBM Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server and WebSphere. These workloads exploit the latest features of the z/OS runtime environments, including Parallel Sysplex, Workload Manager (WLM), and UNIX System Services (USS). New hardware technology, such as zAAP and zIIP processors, can be exploited for selected workloads, and the WLM Intelligent Resource Director balances workloads across clustered LPARs in a sysplex.
Examine the performance management and monitoring components of the Parallel Sysplex, USS, and WLM environment using extensive Resource Management Facility (RMF) reports and console displays to understand what is happening in the system. Based on this foundation, analyze case studies using z/OSMF Workload Management and Resource Monitoring functions to show how integrated performance data gatherers for Linux on System z/x, AIX, and Windows systems can be used to provide a consistent monitoring solution for zEnterprise ensembles.
This advanced course is for z/OS systems programmers, experienced performance analysts and performance administrators, UNIX Services support personnel, and other experienced I/S professionals who want to update their RMF and performance management skills to include the latest z/OS e-business and zEnterprise ensemble runtime environments.
Brand: IBM Z - Mainframe
Event Number: ES85G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
Application Platforms TPS;
z Enterprise Transaction Systems & integration
- Unit 1: z/OS advanced performance overview Unit 2: Tuning Parallel Sysplex
- Exercise 1: Introduction to your system Exercise 2: Tuning Parallel Sysplex
- Unit 3: Workload Manager and performance
- Unit 4: zAAPs and zIIPs: Specialty processors
- Unit 5: Monitoring and tuning UNIX System Services
- Unit 5: Monitoring and tuning UNIX System Services (continued)
- Exercise 3: USS batch performance Exercise 4: USS classification
- Unit 6: Advanced Workload Management and Resource Monitoring functions
- Exercise 5: z/OSMF and performance management
- Exercise 5: z/OSMF and performance management (continued)
- Unit 7: zEnterprise Platform Performance Management
- Exercise 6: Cross platform monitoring with RMF XP
A working knowledge of the z/OS operational environment is assumed, including a basic knowledge of WLM, UNIX System Services, and Parallel Sysplex. Previous experience or training in z/OS measurement and tuning and RMF are also assumed. Such training can be obtained by attending course: Basic z/OS Tuning Using the Workload Manager (WLM) (ES540)