In this introductory course, you learn the skills that are needed to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.7.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.7 includes IBM Process Server, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus. This course focuses on IBM Process Server, which is a high-performance business engine at the heart of business process management (BPM) and service-oriented architecture (SOA). The course covers how to configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment. You learn about the various deployment topologies that are available for both environments. The course also teaches you about the selection criteria for choosing an appropriate deployment topology. You learn how Business Process Manager uses the service integration bus (WebSphere Platform Messaging) for all asynchronous communications.
To build a highly available Process Server architecture, you must understand how the service integration bus works, and know how to integrate it into the design of a topology. Hands-on exercises on the Ubuntu Linux operating system are provided throughout the course, giving you practical experience with designing, deploying, and troubleshooting a highly available Process Server environment. Through the labs, you configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment and verify the configuration. You deploy a basic application and use it to test the capabilities of the Process Server environment. You examine applications in Process Center and deploy applications to both an online and an offline Process Server environment. Finally, you migrate process instances in the Process Server environment.
The exercises in this course run on IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.7. The lab environment uses the Ubuntu Linux platform.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
Audience: This course is designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators, and operators who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Process Server applications.
Brand: Digital Business Automation
Event Number: WB871G
Available Languages: Indonesian (Indonesia),Chinese (Traditional),English (Australia),Finnish (Finland),Bahasa Malaysia (Malaysia),Hungarian (Hungary),Croatian (Croatia),Slovak (Slovakia),Slovenian (Slovenia),Estonian (Estonia),Serbian (Latin),English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Nether
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure and administer a Process Center environment
- Configure and administer a Process Server environment
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.7: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture, concepts, and terminology
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Advanced components
- Describe the Process Server high availability topologies and their selection criteria
- Create a Process Center clustered environment by using the Deployment Environment wizard
- Create a customized properties file by using the IBM Business Process Manager Advanced Configuration Editor
- Create a Process Server clustered environment by using the BPMConfig utility
- Purge content in the Process Center environment
- Purge content in the Process Server environment
- Verify the functions of failover in a clustered environment
- Deploy and manage business applications
- Work with the administrative console and management tools
- Deploy applications to an offline and online Process Server environment
- Migrate process instances
- Implement SSL between the Process Center and Process Server environments
- Troubleshoot the environment
Before taking this course, you should successfully complete one of the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration courses (course code WA585G or ZA585G, both no longer available) or IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration courses (course code WA855G or ZA855G). You should also have a general knowledge of:
- The Linux operating system
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multitier business applications