This course teaches you the skills that are needed to manage Liberty servers and collectives.
The course is designed for application server administrators. You learn how to use the graphical Admin Center and the command line scripting to manage servers from a collective controller. The course also covers how to deploy a cluster of packaged servers for Liberty runtimes, view the deployment environment, and view basic performance metrics.
You learn how to use the Dynamic Routing feature of Liberty to enable routing of HTTP requests to collective members. You also configure the auto-scaling and health management features for Liberty.
Finally, you learn how to secure Liberty and enable SSL communication in Liberty.
Audience: This course is designed for administrators of IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile.
Brand: Management & Platform; Windows
Event Number: WA190G
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Polish (Poland),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands),Turkish (Turkey),Romanian (Romania),Czech (Czech Republic),Latvian (Latvia),Lithuanian (Lithuania),Norwegian (Bokml),Swedish (Sweden),Danish (Denmark),Hebrew (Israel),Arabic,Greek (Greece),Korean (Korea),Bulgarian (B
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the WebSphere Liberty Profile architecture
- Create a Liberty profile server
- Use the Admin Center to manage Liberty servers
- Deploy clusters of Liberty servers
- Use the collective controller
- Use Jython scripts to administer Liberty servers
- Configure Dynamic Routing
- Configure the auto scaling feature and define auto scaling policies
- Configure SSL communication in Liberty
- Use the IBM HTTP and web server plug-in with Liberty servers
WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core;
WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core 9.0.0
Introduction to Liberty administration and runtime architecture
Exercise: Managing Liberty collectives with the Admin Center
Administration and application deployment with scripting
Exercise: WebSphere Liberty administration by using Jython Scripts
Exercise: Dynamic Routing
Auto-scaling in Liberty
Exercise: Using the IBM HTTP Server with SSL to a Liberty server
Before taking this course, you should have a general knowledge of:
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Administering web servers and application servers
- The Ubuntu Linux operating system