Certified Network Defender (CND ) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the protect, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning.
This course is for:
- Networl Administrators
- Network Security Administrators
- Network Security Engineers
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Secuirty Operator
- Anyone who is involved in network operations
Event Number: ECCCND
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands)
Student will learn about various network security controls, protocols, and devices. At the end of the course, you will able to:
- Determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies
- Implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
- Identify various threats to wireless network and learn how to mitigate them
- Monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities.
- Perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
- Identify the critical data, choose appropriate back up method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization data on a regular basis
- Provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident
- Troubleshoot their network for various network problems
- Identify various threats on an organization network
- Design and implement various security policies for their organizations
- Learn the importance of physical security and determine and implement various physical security controls for their organizations
- Harden security of various hosts individually in the organization’ s network
- Choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through the firewall
Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals.
Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks.
Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices.
Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation.
Module 05: Physical Security.
Module 06: Host Security.
Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management.
Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management.
Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management.
Module 10: Wireless Network Defense.
Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management.
Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery.
Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management.