Students will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective decisions and meet IT challenges.
The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts.
Event Number: CTCEC
Available Languages: English (US),English (UK),French (Canada),German (Germany),Russian (Russia),Japanese (Japan),Chinese (Simplified),Italian (Italy),Portuguese (Brazil),French (France),Spanish (Latin America),Spanish (Spain),Portuguese (Portugal),Thai (Thailand),Dutch (The Netherlands)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO CLOUD COMPUTING
Overview of Cloud Computing Evolution of the Cloud Specialized Cloud Services.
2 - BUSINESS VALUE OF CLOUD COMPUTING
Business Need for Cloud Computing Cloud Scalability Cloud Security Impact of Cloud Computing on Business.
3 - TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVES OF CLOUD COMPUTING
The Cloud Deployment Models Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing Federated Cloud Services Standardization.
4 - TECHNICAL CHALLENGES OF CLOUD COMPUTING
Cloud Storage Application Performance Data Integration Security Risks and Mitigation Application Architecture and the Development Process.
5 - STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL ADOPTION OF CLOUD SERVICES
Steps to Adopting Cloud Services Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities Migrating Applications to the Cloud.
6 - ITIL AND CLOUD COMPUTING
Overview of ITIL Planning Service Strategy Designing Cloud Service Transitioning to Live Environment Running a Cloud Service Operation Continual Service Improvement with Cloud.
7 - IDENTIFYING RISKS AND CONSEQUENCES
Organizational Risks Technical Risks Legal Risks Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility.
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision-making. It is also recommended that the candidate take the following course: Introduction to Network Design and Management.